Featured Post

Brand Rules

Whether its Personal branding or Corporate branding, there are rules in the brand world. The Brand Room is going to be sharing some of th...

Monday 29 August 2016

Review of Krusteaz Pancake Mix, Good for Waffles too.


Front and back view of the pack
I'm a pancake lover, and I will visit your home just because I know you make the best pancakes in town. For me pancake has to be really fluffy not the type you eat and you feel something passing through your chest and you need a full cup of water to push it down, nahnahnah!

Growing up, my mum made the best pancakes ever, and she makes it from the scratch, I don't know if there was pancake mix then or not, all I remember is the nice smell that comes from the kitchen each time she made us pancake .

As a 21st century mum (permit me to use that word), making pancakes from the scratch is not always possible, and that's how the journey for pancake mix started. My first pancake mix was one made in Nigeria, they try small, but no matter how much you follow the instruction on how to mix it, the thing still ends up being thick plus no where to read review online about that particular product to learn how to make it better. A week ago, hubby came home with the Krusteaz Pancake Mix from a store called Hubmart in Victoria Island. As you know, I read reviews on practically everything I lay my hands on, so I went online and read mixed reviews on the Krusteaz Pancake Mix, but the good reviews was way higher than the not so could ones,one thing I discovered from reading reviews on the Krusteaz Pancake Mix was that it was absolutely great for Waffles. Was I seeing correctly? I rushed to check the pack again and I saw instructions on how to make Waffles with the mix.

Come Sunday morning, I brought out my toaster and the 4 year old waffle pan that came with it, I have had it for that long and never used it once. Instead of making pancakes which was the sole purpose of buying the mix, I opted for trying to make waffles instead.

The instruction on the pack says to use 2 cups of the pancake mix, 1 egg, 2 tsp of vegetable oil, 1 and half cup of water, pour everything together in one bowl and mix. But because I was not sure of how it will turn out, I reduced my portion to 1 cup of pancake mix, half egg, 1 tsp of vegetable oil and almost a full cup of water, I mixed them all together and set aside to oil my waffle tray . You need oil your waffle tray a little, just a brush of oil will do.I set the heat on, and once I saw it was hot enough I poured the waffle mix into the two trays and closed the toaster. This portion gives you 3 waffles.

The instruction on the pack says cook waffles until steaming stops or until golden brown, so I checked when the steaming stopped but it was not brown enough for me, I closed the toaster for it to cook a bit more and brought the waffle out after 2 extra minutes.

The Instruction says serve with your favorite fruit and whipped cream if desired, and I read a review which says it is really nice with whip cream, but unfortunately it was a very rainy Sunday morning in Lagos and I couldn't dash out to get whip cream, so we had to make do with just Mrs Butter-Worth's Syrup. Oh Lord! Waffles never tasted better. It is exactly as nice as the ones at Ihop, trust me on this one. And you can have your full English breakfast or full American breakfast in your home once you have this Krusteaz Pancake Mix , which doubles up as Waffle Mix.

Last Pic: Final result, so worth it! Fluffy and Tasty.

My Lagos people, you all know the price we pay to have full English breakfast is between N7,000-N8,000. per person, Please save your money and buy this mix and make at home. Things you need on the side like Bacon, Sausage, Baked beans will not cost you up to N3,000 for a family of 4 or up to 6.

Krusteaz Pancake Mix sells for N2,455  at Hubmart in Victoria Island Lagos, and it is made in the United States of America. A full pack will make 12-15 Waffles. For those of you living abroad, I know you have a lot of products to try from, but over here,you will go from store to store before you find one.

Oh you want to know if I ended up making extra? Oh yes I did because after we all tasted the first set, I just had to make more for my family, everyone loved it.

Feel free to add your waffle or pancake recipe or pancake mix stories for others to see.

2 comments:

  1. Aww my mum used to make pancakes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Na the good old style of mixing flour, egg and butter and gbo gbo ero bi di baba.

    ReplyDelete

Follow us on Instagram @thebrandroombyabi



Disclaimer: Please note that comments are strictly blog visitors/readers views and opinions.

Contributors