Featured Post

Brand Rules

Whether its Personal branding or Corporate branding, there are rules in the brand world. The Brand Room is going to be sharing some of th...

Wednesday 1 March 2017

REVIEW:When Milani Popping jams LA Girl Pro Concealer, then you know your face is on fleek.





It's 8am on a Sunday morning, and I've just been disappointed by a makeup artist my sister had booked for me a week ago, for a family function. As usual I wasn't so bothered, because I love me when I do my make up, simple and subtle all by myself. But this particular day was a special day in our home, so everyone wanted to slay, so I joined the slay gang.




I took my phone, and dialed my sister in-law who is the number one customer of all the makeup artist in Lagos, and before I could say Jack,  Lolade of  @Neonbonymakeovers was in my home to make me up. Lolade is no stranger to my face or to the family, but on this day, something was different about my look, and I just kept asking questions from Lolade till I figured what made this remarkable difference.


Yes, It was the Milani Powder and L.A Girl Concealer, OMG, these two are a perfect makeup marriage made in the beauty heaven. Prior to this day, I'll scroll through my @Instagram page and be seeing different pictures with the hastag ''Milani on fleek'' or 'Milani popping' and I'll be like naso, Nigerians have started with their bandwagon mentality, that's how, Mac, Marykay and co. were on fleek for donkey years till they began to cake up and wash off on people's faces under the Nigerian sun.


But this time I was wrong, I have had a very tupsy- turvy year with makeup, I've had different moments between 2015-2016 where I tried out a zillion makeup products on my face just because I was having loads of breakout with different mineral powders, but I found Milani and L.A Girl  Concealer on that Sunday, and I haven't looked back.


Honestly, I'm not going to tell a lie that the break out has completely vanished because of these new facial products I discovered, but hell yeah, even when I break out, I can trust the concealer to conceal the bumps and dark-spot perfectly, while my Milani is on fleek to give a perfect finishing to my face.




On days when I want to have that extremely simple look, I just use my Milani without the L.A Girl Concealer, but when I really want to turn up, I call my concealer to action.


Milani Powder comes in 3 shades, and for my complexion, I use the Milani Minerals Compact Makeup in Deep Shade. While for the L.A Girl Pro.Conceal I use the Expresso shade. It is very important for you to know your shade when it comes to choosing beauty products, especially powders, and also one very key thing is to know how to apply them proportionally, so you don't appear and people start passing side comments instead of compliments. I have been complemented a number of times on how my face looks good when I'm wearing my Milani Powder + L.A Girl Concealer. This combination reminds me  of those days, when my IMAN crème to powder used to get me all the compliments.
And you won't believe it, you can get your Milani Mineral Powder for as low as N3,500, while the L.A Girl Concealer sells as low as N1,500.


The pros of this Milani Powder and L.A Girl Concealer is that, because Nigeria is very humid and we get to sweat a lot while out in the sun, your face wouldn't cake, and the concealer doesn't wash out on your face while you sweat. The only thing on your face will be sweat balls, and not some brown liquid washing off your face.


For now, and I mean it Milani and L.A Girl  Concealer it is!







23 comments:

  1. milani is not bad really. ve been using milani for almost three years and was thinking of changing to something else...now am not sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! This has been an extremely wonderful article. Many thanks for providing this info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's in reality a great and useful piece of information. I'm satisfied that you shared
    this useful information with us. Please stay us informed like this.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great web site you have got here.. It's difficult to
    find quality writing like yours these days. I honestly appreciate
    individuals like you! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your method of describing all in this article is in fact pleasant, all can without difficulty
    understand it, Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. May I just say what a comfort to find someone who genuinely understands what they are discussing over the internet.
    You certainly realize how to bring an issue to light
    and make it important. More people have to look at this and understand this side of
    your story. I was surprised you are not more popular because
    you certainly possess the gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magnificent website. Lots of useful info here. I'm sending it to several buddies
    ans also sharing in delicious. And obviously,
    thank you in your effort!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks very interesting blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you
    I genuinely enjoy reading your blog posts.

    Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that deal
    with the same subjects? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sure this post has touched all the internet people,
    its really really fastidious article on building up new website.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great article, exactly what I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything is very open with a precise clarification of the issues.
    It was truly informative. Your site is extremely helpful.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good day! Do you know if they make any plugins
    to assist with Search Engine Optimization? I'm
    trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing very good results.
    If you know of any please share. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the valuable information you provide in your articles.

    I will bookmark your blog and check again here frequently.
    I am quite sure I'll learn many new stuff right here!
    Good luck for the next!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Somebody necessarily help to make significantly
    posts I'd state. That is the very first time I frequented your web page and so far?
    I surprised with the research you made to create this actual publish extraordinary.
    Wonderful task!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the helpful info you provide in your articles.

    I'll bookmark your blog and check again here regularly.
    I am quite certain I'll learn many new stuff right here!
    Good luck for the next!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You need to be a part of a contest for one of
    the highest quality blogs on the net. I most certainly will highly recommend this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the helpful info you provide in your articles.

    I'll bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly.
    I'm quite certain I will learn lots of new stuff right here!

    Best of luck for the next!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi colleagues, its great article regarding cultureand entirely explained, keep it up all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really love your website.. Great colors & theme. Did you develop this site yourself?
    Please reply back as I'm planning to create my own blog and want to
    find out where you got this from or what the theme is named.

    Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good day! I could have sworn I've visited this web site before but
    after going through a few of the articles I
    realized it's new to me. Anyhow, I'm definitely happy I came across
    it and I'll be bookmarking it and checking back frequently!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a data of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable familiarity on the topic of unexpected feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi there, this weekend is fastidious in support of me, for the reason that
    this point in time i am reading this wonderful educational article here at my residence.

    ReplyDelete

Follow us on Instagram @thebrandroombyabi



Disclaimer: Please note that comments are strictly blog visitors/readers views and opinions.

Contributors