Featured Post

Brand Rules

Whether its Personal branding or Corporate branding, there are rules in the brand world. The Brand Room is going to be sharing some of th...

Monday 16 January 2017

Review: When next you are in Abuja, Stop by at Transcorp Hilton Hotel....


Trust me, this pictures did no justice to the food... See how they plated Akara oooo(2nd Pic bottom)
I have been meaning to do this review for weeks now, but I'll say there is no better time than now. My December was one to remember, filled with so many activities in terms of work and pleasure. The good thing is I made sure I had so much fun in all of it.

My room


So first get away for me in December was a two days stay at the prestigious Transcorp Hilton Hotel Abuja, Formerly known as Nicon Noga Hotel Abuja. This was a working visit as I had to attend an important  hearing on the Consumer Protection Act Bill 2016,at the National Assembly, a very important cause for all of us. With my busy schedule, I still had little time in my two days stay to enjoy the wonderful hospitality of the Transcorp Hilton Hotel.

filling up the bath!

View of thee city from the Presidential Suite on the 7th Floor

Its amazing how much transformation the hotel has gone through internally, the exterior still looks the same from the last time I was lodged there with my sisters for a family function back in the early 2000s. Well fast forward to December 2016, if you had a reason to be at Transcorp Hilton, there is no way you wouldn't feel Christmas in the air, from the ever smiling, courteous potters at the entrance , to the big snow white Christmas tree and ginger bread houses at the reception and not forgetting, the beehive of people and activities , Transcorp Hilton was definitely a place to be.


Checked into the hotel late in the afternoon and went straight to my room on the 4th floor . I was pretty fagged out and famished, but in all of my tiredness, I just couldn't but notice the beautiful and sparkling clean ambience that was to become my home for two days. The lift stopped at 4th floor and I was welcomed by the smell of new carpet, which really looked nice and colorful by the way, This floor was quite big and had about three or four long halls, so I had to do a quick check to know which direction to head for. While I was trying to find my way, a nice elderly man in the usual cream Transcorp Hilton uniform asked if I needed any help, I told him I was looking for  room number 4-- and he politely showed me the way.



Me checking out myself



Now I can't even remember the room no, but I remember that the minute I swiped my card at the door, I entered into this magnificent space, it wasn't even the presidential suite, but it absolutely felt so presidential.Again, it was  sparkling clean as snow, the bathroom in my suite had a double basin, a Jacuzzi , a shower and a toilet with two robes. In all honestly, the room is meant for a couple and not someone on a business visit. I still have goose bumps talking about that suite now. Out of the bathroom and into the room itself, there is a wardrobe, dressing table, 2 sofas , a glass dinning table set, a TV stand, and right there in the middle is my 6 by 6 fluffy bed surrounded by Tassle Curtain. Yeah you heard right, the bed was in the middle of a cream Tassle curtain. Oh heaven! What does a girl want but comfort. In that moment I forgot I was hungry, dropped my bag and fell flat on the bed and rested for a while to take to let the reality of my 2 days enjoyment soak in nicely.


A couple of hours later, after I had let the Jacuzzi know who the boss is, I headed out for dinner at one of their finest restaurant, The Oriental Restaurant. If you love a la carte, then this is where you should be. in all honestly its a bit pricey and it will surprise you to know that I had their famous Crab Akara, which was only 4 pieces but cost N6k..Oh boy, I find the crab tire inside ooo, I no see. na im I come imagine say, them blend the crab into the bean flour mix, before making the akara balls. When I saw Crab Akara, I had expected to see some giant crab, holding akara in the middle, anyways, I chod it down nicely, it was very fluffy but not out of this world. It took some minutes ,before the main course arrived, this time it was Nigerian Giant Prawns with grilled sweet potato. Sorry to disappoint you guys, I don't form ajebutter for food oo,I'll rather enjoy my Nigerian cuisines than try out some giant Mongolian fish recipe which  put my colleague in trouble. His main course ended up as an art work which could only be admired but not eaten, as our naija taste buds, rejected it whole heartedly.
This wasn't the bathroom in my room,but this is the exact replic.  (Pic Credit Trnascorp Hilton)




Transcorp Hilton has about 5 to 7 different restaurants, catering round the clock to all their guest. But if you are Naija like me, the oriental restaurant might not be "It" for you. Your taste bud will thank you for going to the Bukka Restaurant or the Zuma Restaurant. You will thank me later for this.
They also have a fully equipped gym, which I never got to use because of my tight schedule plus they have a swimming pool.

Pool Side

Most of the staff I met during my stay were very cordial and professional which is great, I remember calling reception to get my wifi code, and the lady that picked up the call was very warm and pleasant , she let me know that the wifi was a little bit slow just incase my connection isn't so great, but they were working on it and it should be better in a couple of hours.
In a nutshell, my stay at the Transcorp Hilton Abuja is one I remember with a smile on my face, I mean I will definitely go back there when next I'm in Abuja. Did I tell you guys I had a sneak  peek of  the Presidential Suite, Oh I did, Its so big, it feels like a one room apartment in Ikoyi, with all the amenities you can think of. It has a big living room, an seater dinning room, a kitchenette, a guest toilet, an ensuite bedroom, and a mini hall, with beautiful Interiors in brown and cream.My colleague was lodged there as he got in late and other rooms were fully booked, so he just had to stay in the Presidential Suite for a night, on a discount of course.
Next review will be on our the popular Eko Hotel and Suites here in Lagos . So watch out for it!



3 comments:

  1. This enjoyment too much for one person ooo,but if u stay here for dat u go think say ma Yankee u dey ooooo.....#.tokybsayso

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sounds very 'Chrismasful', lol. But you should have requested for a magnifying lens to properly check for the "CRAB" in the Akara probably you didn't check well.lol. It apparently sounds like it Was a December to always remember.

    ReplyDelete

Follow us on Instagram @thebrandroombyabi



Disclaimer: Please note that comments are strictly blog visitors/readers views and opinions.

Contributors