Featured Post

Brand Rules

Whether its Personal branding or Corporate branding, there are rules in the brand world. The Brand Room is going to be sharing some of th...

Thursday 17 November 2016

Ladies, get in here and lets chat about the other room.

We all have days like this!

I know what you are thinking about, but sorry to burst your bubble,we are not going to be discussing what couples do in the other room, so get your mind out of the gutter...  : )

So why are we here you ask me? Okay let me get serious now by clearing my throat, adjust my shirt, stretch out a little bit, face my laptop and type straight up on today's gist. Lets talk about our bedroom for a minute.


Is your bedroom what you envisioned it to be? I mean the decor, the ambience, size of your bed, the wall and every other thing that makes a bedroom great. If you answered yes to this question , then you are one lucky sombory! Meanwhile, my abroad people this post might not necessarily be for you, especially those of you in America with direct access to the best home decor plus big rooms that will swallow big money to decorate, sorry my london peeps, but you know how tiny your rooms can be, those king size beds always struggle to fit in and remain small space for leg movement. : )

Now the focus is on my naija brethren, are you pleased with your bedroom in its entirety? Would you have loved a more cozy space than you have now? Then listen to me carefully, it is very doable in Nigeria to sleep in that room that makes you have blue dreams.

The year is coming to an end, and I know very few people ever think of making any change to their rooms, people  often think of their living room when it comes to giving the home a new look, why not try something new this time around?

If you really dont know how to start or what exactly you need to do,in order to give your bedroom that desired facelift, then I will suggest you seek a professional interior designer,trust me, there are good ones out there,that will change your space within your budget, and you will think you just moved into one luxury apartment in Manhattan.
Olivehaus
Olivehaus

If you are somebody like me with great ideas and always like the DIY approach to things, then there are a number of places you can visit within Lagos especially within the Costain-Iponri axis to buy quality things to redocorate your bedroom. Places like Dulins, Leez World and the ever faithful Iponri Market will not fail you, as long as you know what you are looking for and how each item compliments the other, then you are good to go.

And if you are that person working on a very tight budget,but you  want good quality used stuff at affordable prices, then you maybe looking at online stores like Jiji , Olx and Yaba Market would give you a great lead or perhaps you can as well google what you want and get a nice carpenter to bring it to life, but do this with caution, don't go and be giving carpenter Jegede some exotic designs beyond his capabilities (remember the saying, if e no be Panodol, e no fit be like Panadol).

Between, Im going to do a free, and unsolicited advert for one of my friend today, who is an American -Trained Interior Decor of substance, and her work speaks volume, visit OlivehausInteriors, and you will thank me.

People, lets get creative and give our bedroom that magic look it deserves, after all 80% of the action happens in there, why not treat it like a haven of some sort!

Photo Credit: Olivehaus Interiors,Homedesignlover

3 comments:

  1. Honestly, my bedroom is the last place I ever think of renovating. And its funny how I oooohhh, and haaa when I got to hotels for conferences or seminar, the thought of a plush bed and a nice cozy space is all that makes my official seminars worth it. Obviously its time to bring the hotel feel to my bedroom. Hubby is in for a surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toksyb Hmmm brandroom na tru u talk ooo cos this is d room where we make babies ....but if u want more babies u can upgrade ....will look into it,but thinking of my living room first

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good day! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I'd figured I'd ask.
    Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest writing a blog post or vice-versa?
    My site covers a lot of the same subjects as yours and I feel we could
    greatly benefit from each other. If you happen to be interested feel
    free to shoot me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you!
    Great blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Follow us on Instagram @thebrandroombyabi



Disclaimer: Please note that comments are strictly blog visitors/readers views and opinions.

Contributors