Featured Post

Brand Rules

Whether its Personal branding or Corporate branding, there are rules in the brand world. The Brand Room is going to be sharing some of th...

Monday 30 January 2017

Big Brother Naija- See Gobbe! Who's watching and Who is Not?





After a year hiatus of Big Brother Africa, Big Brother decided to bring back a second season of Big Brother Naija, which by the way is a good move. Looking at the way things have turned out with the Big Brother African brand in the last two seasons which had Ik Osakioduwa as the host, It became apparent  that the viewers at home weren't getting value for their time and subscription fee.


Everyone I had spoken to about the last Big Brother Africa, where Tayo Fanniran narrowly missed the big win by a few votes to another housemate, agreed that, that particular season was a big flop and the reason why the organizers took a year off to go back to the drawing board to restrategize.

Honestly I didn't think I will be watching the Big Brother Naija, because I had subconsciously tagged the brand  a flop, judging from the last episode of the Big Brother Africa 2015. Although I never got a chance to watch the first Big Brother Naija, as I was far away in another man's land in 2009 or is it 2010 when it aired. So I never knew what to expect with Big Brother Naija 2017.

I must confess that I don't get to watch this BBN 2017 as much as I would have loved to, but when I have the time I make sure that I do. Truth is BBN 2017 actually keeps me glued to the TV each and everytime I sit down to watch, hardly do I touch the remote to change the dial.

I love the mix of  housemates in the house, and the fact that they all are very natural, them being too natural becomes annoying sometimes, because they throw caution to the wind, and fart and burp like no one is watching, sometimes its so disgusting when they fart that you feel you can perceive the skunk right in your living room , and other times, its just so funny that they don't even care that they are on life TV and they do what they have to do. This is the naija in them, no fronting, no faking at all!
In no particular order, I enjoy watching TTT,Bally, Efe, Miyonse and Tboss. I like the rest too, but not so much a fan of Bisola,  I don't know why she comes across as a bossy mama to me, I think I need more time to study and understand her.

Why oh why would a guy want to be called Miyonse? I mean I don't get it! Miyonse you are a Chef for crying out loud, why didn't you adopt the name Chef sosososo? You could have created a brand name for yourself with a name like that rather than the opposite of BeyoncĂ©'s name you chose. Apart from that I also think Miyonse has his life and emotion on pause right now because, the more he sees TBoss and all her piercing, the weaker he becomes, but taking a bold step to surrender to the needs of his flesh has been a hard chore, owning to the fact that, he has a girlfriend at home, so he just doesn't want to come across as an unfaithful partner.

The entrance of the 2 new housemates in addition to the existing 12, was a very good one, I know a lot of viewers were looking forward to Big Brother bringing in Bobrisky as a new housemate,but I doubt if matured viewers would be able to tolerate a content packaged as Bobrisky on their screens. So I'll applaud Big brother for not dancing to the gallery of our Naija youth.

Right now, I don't have a favourite amongst the housemates, but one thing I know for sure, is I will be watching the show to the end, that is when I have the time to. These housemates are a handful, and you just don't want to miss too much of their actions.

So if you have been watching Big Brother Naija 2017, tell us who your favourite housemates are, and why you enjoy watching the show, If you havn't been watching, I hope this article convinces you to try and catch a glimpse of the housemates on the show, you just might get hooked on it if you attempt to watch.

By the way, I think viewers should stop expecting too much from Ebuka who is the host of BBN 2017, he is doing a good job, viewers are being too harsh by putting him on the same pedestal as IK the former host of BBA. I think Ik is in a league of his own, and comparing Ebuka's style of delivering to Ik's style is just expecting too much from Ebuka. Im sure Ebuka will warm up pretty soon and get better with his delivery, poise and expression.

To learn more about the show, visit Bigbrothernaija.








1 comment:

  1. I am watching and my best housemate is Efe....am now liking bisola.....T boss is cool.....as for viewers talking evils down r pple knows nothing one way traffic pple.....#toksybsaysso

    ReplyDelete

Follow us on Instagram @thebrandroombyabi



Disclaimer: Please note that comments are strictly blog visitors/readers views and opinions.

Contributors